SSH Malformed packets - SSH

This is a discussion on SSH Malformed packets - SSH ; In Ethereal I am getting SSH Malformed packets. What could be causing this communication issue? Thanks, LDB...

  1. SSH Malformed packets

    In Ethereal I am getting SSH Malformed packets. What
    could be causing this communication issue?

    Thanks,

    LDB

  2. Re: SSH Malformed packets

    LDB wrote:
    > In Ethereal I am getting SSH Malformed packets. What
    > could be causing this communication issue?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > LDB

    I am getting the malformed packets from a Putty 0.52 client.
    I am trying not to scream, "HACKER!!!" or "ATTACK!!" but ...
    I think one of myse users has downloaded an exploited version
    of Putty.

    LDB

  3. Re: SSH Malformed packets

    In article , LDB wrote:
    >I am getting the malformed packets from a Putty 0.52 client.
    >I am trying not to scream, "HACKER!!!" or "ATTACK!!" but ...
    >I think one of myse users has downloaded an exploited version
    >of Putty.

    If nothing else, they've downloaded a very old version with known
    security holes. Tell them to get 0.57 or 0.58.

    --
    Ben Harris

+ Reply to Thread