Login authentification - SSH

This is a discussion on Login authentification - SSH ; Hi, I'm trying to configure sshd (OpenSSH_3.8.1p1) in a way that passwords are not required for ssh logins. This is my /etc/sshd_config file: Port 22 Protocol 2 HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key ServerKeyBits 768 LoginGraceTime 600 KeyRegenerationInterval 3600 PermitRootLogin ...

  1. Login authentification

    Hi,

    I'm trying to configure sshd (OpenSSH_3.8.1p1) in a way that passwords
    are not required for ssh logins.

    This is my /etc/sshd_config file:

    Port 22

    Protocol 2

    HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key
    HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
    HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key
    ServerKeyBits 768
    LoginGraceTime 600
    KeyRegenerationInterval 3600

    PermitRootLogin yes

    StrictModes yes
    X11Forwarding yes
    X11DisplayOffset 10
    X11UseLocalhost yes
    PrintMotd yes
    KeepAlive yes

    Compression yes

    SyslogFacility AUTH
    LogLevel INFO
    RhostsRSAAuthentication no
    RSAAuthentication no
    HostbasedAuthentication no
    IgnoreRhosts yes

    PasswordAuthentication yes
    PermitEmptyPasswords no

    ClientAliveInterval 30
    ClientAliveInterval 30
    ClientAliveCountMax 4

    Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server

    #------

    The file /etc/shosts.equiv contains all hostnames that are a
    allowed to login without password on that machine. The other
    files contain the keys used in our network. All these file but
    sshd_config are used in our network and are identical on all
    our machines. So I suppose they are OK since I can ssh on all
    other machines without any problems.

    Any hints what's wrong with sshd_config and why a password
    is enforced?

    Regards,
    Chris

  2. Re: Login authentification

    This is the third time you have posted this? Do you think if you keep
    posting it you will get more answers? Or do you think you might piss people
    off?

+ Reply to Thread