mget hangs with SFTP - SSH

This is a discussion on mget hangs with SFTP - SSH ; I have a unique problem when using `mget *` within a script. It transfers about 235 files of about 10K and then hangs. The connection isn't lost and we are using OpenSSH 3.7 on Solaris 8. Is there a buffer ...

  1. mget hangs with SFTP

    I have a unique problem when using `mget *` within a script. It transfers
    about 235 files of about 10K and then hangs. The connection isn't lost and
    we are using OpenSSH 3.7 on Solaris 8.

    Is there a buffer setting within SSHD config, SFTP, or possibly the OS? I
    appreciate your suggestions.

    Doug

  2. Re: mget hangs with SFTP

    In comp.security.ssh Doug Capellman :
    > I have a unique problem when using `mget *` within a script. It transfers
    > about 235 files of about 10K and then hangs. The connection isn't lost and
    > we are using OpenSSH 3.7 on Solaris 8.

    I'd check out if using 'rsync' or 'unison' through ssh shouldn't
    offer a more reliable and perhaps even more efficient way of
    securely copying data?

    [..]

    #bofh excuse 34: (l)user error

+ Reply to Thread