vnc over ssh - SSH

This is a discussion on vnc over ssh - SSH ; My Work LAN have a firewall with 2 NIC (RED)xx.yy.xx.6 and (GREEN)192.168.0.254 I installed ssh server on firewall: OK I installed ssh server and vnc server on MyServer (NIC IP 192.168.0.5) With my home pc i try ssh connection and ...

  1. vnc over ssh

    My Work LAN have a firewall with 2 NIC
    (RED)xx.yy.xx.6 and (GREEN)192.168.0.254

    I installed ssh server on firewall: OK
    I installed ssh server and vnc server on MyServer (NIC IP 192.168.0.5)

    With my home pc i try ssh connection and it's all right.
    Also vnc server it's all right. (I use DNAT from port wwww on my
    firewall to 5901 on myserver) (display=1)

    Now i want to use a secure tunnel.

    I try with:

    ssh -f -L 25902:192.168.0.2:5901 ivan@xx.yy.xx.6 sleep 10; vncviewer
    127.0.0.1:25902:1

    but it doesn't work.

    help me

    TIA
    IK

  2. Re: vnc over ssh

    re.ivan@gmail.com writes:
    > My Work LAN have a firewall with 2 NIC
    > (RED)xx.yy.xx.6 and (GREEN)192.168.0.254
    >
    > I installed ssh server on firewall: OK
    > I installed ssh server and vnc server on MyServer (NIC IP 192.168.0.5)
    >
    > With my home pc i try ssh connection and it's all right.
    > Also vnc server it's all right. (I use DNAT from port wwww on my
    > firewall to 5901 on myserver) (display=1)
    >
    > Now i want to use a secure tunnel.
    >
    > I try with:
    >
    > ssh -f -L 25902:192.168.0.2:5901 ivan@xx.yy.xx.6 sleep 10; vncviewer
    > 127.0.0.1:25902:1
    >
    > but it doesn't work.
    >
    > help me

    I'm gonna be nice and assume english is a second language and forgive
    the "command" form of "help me" in lieu of the more polite "Can anyone
    please help me?"

    A few things I'm thinking:
    your port forwarding in your ssh command goes to 192.168.0.2
    but you told us your vnc server is on .5

    your ssh command may only hold a connection for 10 seconds.

    dunno if -f is causing things to break.

    You may want instead:

    ssh -L 25902:192.168.0.5:5901 ivan@xx.yy.xx.6 "perl -e 'while(getppid > 1){sleep 15}'"

    Best Regards,