A weird poblem with putty. - SSH

This is a discussion on A weird poblem with putty. - SSH ; I have a weird problem with putty. I have used putty to connect to my server. Now suddenly I can not connect anymore. My server provider has many servers, and I can connect normally to all of them, but this ...

  1. A weird poblem with putty.

    I have a weird problem with putty.

    I have used putty to connect to my server. Now suddenly I can not
    connect anymore.

    My server provider has many servers, and I can connect normally to all
    of them, but this one. I can also connect with putty to any other
    server, I've tried. Only this one is not working.

    This problem comes only, when I use my ADSL connection. When I connect
    trough my 3g phone, on the same laptop, I can connect to server. Same
    thing with my another computer. (connected trough the same modem)

    When I open the putty .. and type the server address, I only get the
    black screen .. and putty iddles for a while. I dont get the login
    sign. Then a popup shows:

    "Putty Fatal error. Server unexpectedly closed network connection."

    I asked my internet connection provider, and they said .. that the
    problem is not with the connection. I asked my servers technical
    support, and they told me the same.

    I have a normal firewall on my modem, advanced firefall is off. I dont
    use firewall software on my computer.

    I deleted all the keys from the register. I also did the "putty
    -cleanup". Nothing helps.

    If anyone has an idea.. please share it.

    thank you

    :e

  2. Re: A weird poblem with putty.

    eetu@sivuprojekti.com writes:

    > If anyone has an idea.. please share it.

    If you don't have the latest putty get it.

    Then if the problem still exists, try keyboard interactive
    authentication vs password.

    If it still exists, download cygwin (cygwin.com) and try ssh via
    commandline there to isolate a putty problem vs a network problem.

    ssh -vv hostname

    and post the output

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: A weird poblem with putty.

    On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:20:58 -0700, eetu wrote:

    > I have used putty to connect to my server. Now suddenly I can not connect
    > anymore.
    >
    > My server provider has many servers, and I can connect normally to all of
    > them, but this one. I can also connect with putty to any other server,
    > I've tried. Only this one is not working.
    >
    > This problem comes only, when I use my ADSL connection. When I connect
    > trough my 3g phone, on the same laptop, I can connect to server. Same
    > thing with my another computer. (connected trough the same modem)

    Perhaps your putty session settings for this particular server have been
    altered inadvertantly. Try adding a new session, double checking all of
    the settings... You might load one of the sessions which works to the
    other servers, alter the IP address only and save it as 'test'.

    Otherwise it is an odd one and I would start troubleshooting by ask myself
    what changed or was installed/uninstalled (PC or server) when it stopped
    working.

    JohnK

+ Reply to Thread