PuTTY pscp.exe and Square Brackets - [ & ] - SSH

This is a discussion on PuTTY pscp.exe and Square Brackets - [ & ] - SSH ; pscp.exe seems to have troubles listing or downloading from an SFTP when a directory with square brackets is involved, eg, [root] I've tried many of the usual things like adding single quotes or backslashes before the square brackets, or enclosing ...

  1. PuTTY pscp.exe and Square Brackets - [ & ]

    pscp.exe seems to have troubles listing or downloading from an SFTP
    when a directory with square brackets is involved, eg, [root]

    I've tried many of the usual things like adding single quotes or
    backslashes before the square brackets, or enclosing the whole
    directory name in double-quotes.

    Does anyone else have any ideas or are familiar with this problem?

    Thanks,
    Matt.

  2. Re: PuTTY pscp.exe and Square Brackets - [ & ]

    Matt writes:
    >pscp.exe seems to have troubles listing or downloading from an SFTP
    >when a directory with square brackets is involved, eg, [root]
    >
    >I've tried many of the usual things like adding single quotes or
    >backslashes before the square brackets, or enclosing the whole
    >directory name in double-quotes.

    There is a bug in all releases to date (up to and including 0.58) with
    the parsing of IPv6 literal addresses (which use square brackets) in the
    PSCP command line, which can cause this sort of trouble.
    It's fixed in the current development snapshots (>= r6511).

    (If PSCP falls back to the SCP protocol, as opposed to SFTP, you may
    also have fun with server-side parsing of these characters.)

+ Reply to Thread