scp through gateway - SSH

This is a discussion on scp through gateway - SSH ; Hi! Sorry, if this is just a "standard question", but I am really confused! How do I scp a file from my local machine to a host through a gateway, on which I do not have any write permissions? In ...

  1. scp through gateway

    Hi!

    Sorry, if this is just a "standard question", but I am really confused!
    How do I scp a file from my local machine to a host through a gateway, on
    which I do not have any write permissions?
    In this spirit
    With thanks
    Yours Gernot

  2. Re: scp through gateway

    GP> Hi! Sorry, if this is just a "standard question", but I am really
    GP> confused! How do I scp a file from my local machine to a host
    GP> through a gateway, on which I do not have any write permissions?
    GP> In this spirit With thanks Yours Gernot

    Using either of the techniques I just showed you.

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

  3. Re: scp through gateway

    Hi!

    > Using either of the techniques I just showed you.

    Well thanks, but unfortunately I can not get it work. For example, if I
    forward a port between and , hence
    1.) ssh -L 5901::22
    2.) ssh -X -p 5901 localhost

    Now running on
    scp -v -P 5901 @:$HOME

    yields

    debug1: Connecting to [...] port 5901.

    ....and nothing! I.e. the connection seems to get stalled.
    In this spirit
    With thanks
    Yours Gernot

  4. Re: scp through gateway

    Hi!

    Okay, it confused me that I have to sent everything to localhost (not
    ). Now everything works fine.
    In this spirit
    Yours Gernot

+ Reply to Thread