reverse shell session - SSH

This is a discussion on reverse shell session - SSH ; I'm trying something that i think is easy but i cant find any leads to how to do it. I want to open a session on a client that connects to my server and makes a tunnel. So the remote ...

  1. reverse shell session

    I'm trying something that i think is easy but i cant find any leads to how
    to do it.
    I want to open a session on a client that connects to my server and makes a
    tunnel. So the remote client runs a cron job at a certain hour, opens a
    tunnel. The only way i think it is possible is ssh-over-ssh .. but this
    seems such a mad idea that i think it is beyond my linux capabilities. Any
    ideas or help? a how-to maybe somewhere on the net ?

    You may ask why i want to do that , well the remote machine is behind a
    router which serves my dorm, i have no credentials to forward a port, so if
    you know another solution, let me know.

  2. Re: reverse shell session

    waldo wrote:
    > I'm trying something that i think is easy but i cant find any leads to how
    > to do it.
    > I want to open a session on a client that connects to my server and makes a
    > tunnel. So the remote client runs a cron job at a certain hour, opens a
    > tunnel. The only way i think it is possible is ssh-over-ssh .. but this
    > seems such a mad idea that i think it is beyond my linux capabilities. Any
    > ideas or help? a how-to maybe somewhere on the net ?
    >
    > You may ask why i want to do that , well the remote machine is behind a
    > router which serves my dorm, i have no credentials to forward a port, so if
    > you know another solution, let me know.

    Let me make sure that I understand the problem. Are you saying you want
    to access a PC that's behind a FW but can't forward the SSH port on the
    router?

    You could run an ssh server on the machine that's behind the FW on some
    port that the FW allows incoming connections on. I do this on my home
    machine. Not for the same reason but for a little additional security.
    It makes it that much harder for the script kiddies to find my server.

    Once you get the tunnel working, check out dynamic port forwarding.
    It'll let you use the machine in your dorm as a proxy. Then you can get
    free proxifying software that'll allow any TCP/IP program to use that
    proxy, even if it doesn't support it natively. I use FreeCap.

  3. Re: reverse shell session

    Chuck wrote:

    > waldo wrote:
    >> I'm trying something that i think is easy but i cant find any leads to
    >> how to do it.
    >> I want to open a session on a client that connects to my server and makes
    >> a tunnel. So the remote client runs a cron job at a certain hour, opens a
    >> tunnel. The only way i think it is possible is ssh-over-ssh .. but this
    >> seems such a mad idea that i think it is beyond my linux capabilities.
    >> Any ideas or help? a how-to maybe somewhere on the net ?
    >>
    >> You may ask why i want to do that , well the remote machine is behind a
    >> router which serves my dorm, i have no credentials to forward a port, so
    >> if you know another solution, let me know.

    > Let me make sure that I understand the problem. Are you saying you want
    > to access a PC that's behind a FW but can't forward the SSH port on the
    > router?
    >
    > You could run an ssh server on the machine that's behind the FW on some
    > port that the FW allows incoming connections on. I do this on my home
    > machine. Not for the same reason but for a little additional security.
    > It makes it that much harder for the script kiddies to find my server.
    >
    > Once you get the tunnel working, check out dynamic port forwarding.
    > It'll let you use the machine in your dorm as a proxy. Then you can get
    > free proxifying software that'll allow any TCP/IP program to use that
    > proxy, even if it doesn't support it natively. I use FreeCap.

    thanks for the reply, but yesterday I thought why not make a VPN so i'm
    trying firts to make a vpn with ssh and pptp which should enable me
    afterwards to ssh to the remote computer .

    waldo

+ Reply to Thread