ssh w/no pass not working - SSH

This is a discussion on ssh w/no pass not working - SSH ; I created a key pair with no password, scp'ed id_dsa.pub to the users home dir on the other machine, called it authorized_keys and set ~/.ssh to 0700 and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys 0644 This has worked on several machines, but in this particular ...

  1. ssh w/no pass not working

    I created a key pair with no password, scp'ed id_dsa.pub to the users
    home dir on the other machine, called it authorized_keys and set ~/.ssh
    to 0700 and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys 0644 This has worked on several
    machines, but in this particular case, it doesn't. What am I missing?

    First machine is Fedora Core 2 with openssh-3.9p1-1fc2 and the second
    machine is Fedora Core 3 with openssh-3.9p1-8.0.3

  2. Re: ssh w/no pass not working

    > I created a key pair with no password, scp'ed id_dsa.pub to the users
    > home dir on the other machine, called it authorized_keys and set ~/.ssh
    > to 0700 and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys 0644 This has worked on several
    > machines, but in this particular case, it doesn't. What am I missing?

    Connect with ssh -v or -vv or -vvv to get debugging output that will show
    you where the protocol is breaking down.

    --
    To reply by email, change "deadspam.com" to "alumni.utexas.net"

  3. Re: ssh w/no pass not working

    Andrew Schulman wrote:
    >> I created a key pair with no password, scp'ed id_dsa.pub to the users
    >> home dir on the other machine, called it authorized_keys and set ~/.ssh
    >> to 0700 and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys 0644 This has worked on several
    >> machines, but in this particular case, it doesn't. What am I missing?

    > Connect with ssh -v or -vv or -vvv to get debugging output that will show
    > you where the protocol is breaking down.

    In my experience, that often won't tell you anything for authorization
    problems. You'll usually need to run the server in debug/verbose mode
    and examine its output.

    > --
    > To reply by email, change "deadspam.com" to "alumni.utexas.net"

    --
    Darren Dunham ddunham@taos.com

  4. Re: ssh w/no pass not working

    try authorized_keys2