Problem with pscp sending share names with spaces - SSH

This is a discussion on Problem with pscp sending share names with spaces - SSH ; When I try to use pscp to send a file from a unix system to a windows share, I get 'not a directory' response. The windows share has a space in the name. here is an example: pscp.exe -pw xxx ...

  1. Problem with pscp sending share names with spaces

    When I try to use pscp to send a file from a unix system to a windows
    share, I get 'not a directory' response. The windows share has a space
    in the name. here is an example:

    pscp.exe -pw xxx \\server\company\department shares\dept\file
    username@unixserver:/directory/file

    It is the 'department shares' space that is killing me. Any
    suggestions on how to get around this (other than changing the name).

    Thanks

  2. Re: Problem with pscp sending share names with spaces

    patrick wrote:
    > When I try to use pscp to send a file from a unix system to a windows
    > share, I get 'not a directory' response. The windows share has a space
    > in the name. here is an example:
    >
    > pscp.exe -pw xxx \\server\company\department shares\dept\file
    > username@unixserver:/directory/file
    >
    > It is the 'department shares' space that is killing me. Any
    > suggestions on how to get around this (other than changing the name).
    >
    > Thanks

    Try putting the file name that contains the spaces in quotes.

    pscp -pw xxx "\\server\company\department shares\dept\file"
    username@server:/dir/file

+ Reply to Thread