books on SSH - SSH

This is a discussion on books on SSH - SSH ; I found only two books dedicated to SSH. The first one from O'Reilly "SSh, The Secure Shell: The Definitive Guide, Second Edition" Published May 2005 ISBN: 0-596-00895-3 http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/sshtdg2/index.html The second book is from Apress "Pro OpenSSH" published Oct 2005 ISBN ...

  1. books on SSH

    I found only two books dedicated to SSH.

    The first one from O'Reilly "SSh, The Secure Shell: The Definitive
    Guide, Second Edition" Published May 2005 ISBN: 0-596-00895-3
    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/sshtdg2/index.html

    The second book is from Apress "Pro OpenSSH" published Oct 2005 ISBN
    1-59059-476-2 http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=427

    Did anyone read any of those two books? Any review or comments? Which
    one is best for buying?

  2. Re: books on SSH

    softbirdy wrote:
    > I found only two books dedicated to SSH.
    >
    > The first one from O'Reilly "SSh, The Secure Shell: The Definitive
    > Guide, Second Edition" Published May 2005 ISBN: 0-596-00895-3
    > http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/sshtdg2/index.html
    >
    > The second book is from Apress "Pro OpenSSH" published Oct 2005 ISBN
    > 1-59059-476-2 http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=427
    >
    > Did anyone read any of those two books? Any review or comments? Which
    > one is best for buying?

    Personally I find the man pages (OPenSSH), and help files (PuTTY) work
    pretty well for me and they are free. You can glean a lot of knowledge
    from reading this newsgroup too.

  3. Re: books on SSH

    On 2006-07-12, Chuck wrote:

    > Personally I find the man pages (OPenSSH), and help files (PuTTY) work
    > pretty well for me and they are free. You can glean a lot of knowledge
    > from reading this newsgroup too.

    Or (like someone I know) every time you trash your windows box and reinstall
    it you could ask your mate to reinstall PuTTY and WinSCP for you. And then
    be upset if he's not available on the evening you choose.

    This results in the mate phoning up at 4am and asking "How about now?".

    http://www.notatla.org.uk/goen/
    One of my other 11 computers runs Minix.

  4. Re: books on SSH

    softbirdy writes:

    > I found only two books dedicated to SSH.
    >
    > The first one from O'Reilly "SSh, The Secure Shell: The Definitive
    > Guide, Second Edition" Published May 2005 ISBN: 0-596-00895-3
    > http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/sshtdg2/index.html
    >
    > The second book is from Apress "Pro OpenSSH" published Oct 2005 ISBN
    > 1-59059-476-2 http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=427
    >
    > Did anyone read any of those two books? Any review or comments? Which
    > one is best for buying?

    The author of the first one is one of the most active and helpful
    posters in this group. Buy that one. :-)

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

+ Reply to Thread