Greetings,

I am new to this group, but I have used PuTTY. My question has to do
with accessing a server machine via PuTTY or similar.

I am setting up some files for an associate in a distant region to
access and manipulate. I need to open my Windows machine (I have one
as XP and another as Win2K) so that I can this person access the
directories, open files, and run programs installed on my machine.

I think all of this is doable via PuTTY. Of course, a set of DOS
commands would be my preference, but if anyone knows of a way to set up

such a system, that would be very helpful. All of the programs we have

running are precompiled executables, mostly Fortran, C, and Basic.

If need be, I'd be happy to provide additional details to any
respondants. I also would suggest that readers make some notes. I
can't find a simple tunnelling reference on the entire web, and if we
can figure one out, it may serve many of us well down the road.