ssh & smartcard - SSH

This is a discussion on ssh & smartcard - SSH ; Hi i'm looking to use openssh (on multiple unix or windows) with smartcard, mainly with activcard one (which are rebranded cyberflex/javacard, i believe) i've found some links http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvswe...ype=text/plain => maybe usable on openbsd, sectok is here http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/s...rd/sectok.html => but not ...

  1. ssh & smartcard

    Hi

    i'm looking to use openssh (on multiple unix or windows) with smartcard,
    mainly with activcard one (which are rebranded cyberflex/javacard, i
    believe)

    i've found some links

    http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvswe...ype=text/plain
    => maybe usable on openbsd, sectok is here
    http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/s...rd/sectok.html
    => but not common on linux, it seems
    http://www.opensc-project.org/scb/
    => not compatible with my type of smartcard ...

    so it doesn't seem operational in my setup (win/mac/linux/bsd clients to
    unix servers locally or remotely).

    has someone some hints on this ?

    thanks a lot
    Regards

    Julien

    other notes:
    * openbsd seems to support local auth with activcard:
    http://software.newsforge.com/softwa...l?tid=78&tid=8
    * on linux, found
    http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid.html
    http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~rjw57/sc/p...owto.html#toc7
    * other stuff on openssh
    http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/itoi/openssh/ (very old, 2000)
    http://www.linuxnet.com/ (muscle)
    http://smartsign.sourceforge.net/ (seems dead ...)

  2. Re: ssh & smartcard

    julien Touche wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > i'm looking to use openssh (on multiple unix or windows) with
    > smartcard, mainly with activcard one (which are rebranded
    > cyberflex/javacard, i believe)

    Hmm. If the Smartcard system is simply built into the basic login program,
    won't OpenSSH simply fall through to it after the SSH key fails? Or do you
    want to somehow combine SSH key access and smartcard?

  3. Re: ssh & smartcard

    Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote on 01/07/2006 14:44:
    > julien Touche wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> i'm looking to use openssh (on multiple unix or windows) with
    >> smartcard, mainly with activcard one (which are rebranded
    >> cyberflex/javacard, i believe)

    > Hmm. If the Smartcard system is simply built into the basic login program,
    > won't OpenSSH simply fall through to it after the SSH key fails? Or do you
    > want to somehow combine SSH key access and smartcard?

    more with ssh key or the likes for remote auth
    through login for local auth.

+ Reply to Thread