PuTTY .PPK file - SSH

This is a discussion on PuTTY .PPK file - SSH ; I have a PuTTY .PPK file, and I was wondering if it is possible to use the key in it with a FIPS 140-2 certified Secure Shell (SSH) command-line client. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you....

  1. PuTTY .PPK file

    I have a PuTTY .PPK file, and I was wondering if it is possible to use
    the key in it with a FIPS 140-2 certified Secure Shell (SSH)
    command-line client. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: PuTTY .PPK file

    mike7411@gmail.com writes:
    >I have a PuTTY .PPK file, and I was wondering if it is possible to use
    >the key in it with a FIPS 140-2 certified Secure Shell (SSH)
    >command-line client.

    I believe there is a FIPS-certified version of OpenSSH. You can convert
    a .PPK key to a format supported by OpenSSH (or, indeed, another format
    that is supported with ssh.com) with PuTTYgen.

+ Reply to Thread