Running remote commands not allowed - SSH

This is a discussion on Running remote commands not allowed - SSH ; Hi, I want to use a script that is launched by UPS software to remotely shutdown a RedHat Linux installation. It got hardened though and I get an error. I am trying plink from the maker of PuTTY: C:\Temp>plink -ssh ...

  1. Running remote commands not allowed

    Hi,

    I want to use a script that is launched by UPS software to remotely
    shutdown a RedHat Linux installation. It got hardened though and I get
    an error.

    I am trying plink from the maker of PuTTY:

    C:\Temp>plink -ssh 172.20.1.1 -l admin pw OSPaswoord shutdown
    After clicking enter I immediately get:
    Running commands is not allowed

    I get the same for other commands.

    I assume I need to change some parameter?

    Please help.

    Kind regards,
    Jay.

  2. Re: Running remote commands not allowed

    Jay> Hi, I want to use a script that is launched by UPS software to
    Jay> remotely shutdown a RedHat Linux installation. It got hardened
    Jay> though and I get an error.

    Jay> I am trying plink from the maker of PuTTY:

    Jay> C:\Temp>plink -ssh 172.20.1.1 -l admin –pw OSPaswoord shutdown
    Jay> After clicking enter I immediately get: Running commands is not
    Jay> allowed

    Jay> I get the same for other commands.

    My guess is that the shell for the admin account is refusing to run
    commands and printing this message.

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net