I need to download files from Unix to windows - SSH

This is a discussion on I need to download files from Unix to windows - SSH ; Hi, I need to download files from Unix box to windows box and also i need to schedule this sothat the files are downloaded automatically every day. FTP is not allowed... Any other tool to use this? Help me in ...

  1. I need to download files from Unix to windows

    Hi,

    I need to download files from Unix box to windows box and also i need
    to schedule this sothat the files are downloaded automatically every
    day.

    FTP is not allowed... Any other tool to use this?

    Help me in this regard...

    Thanks,
    Renuka

  2. Re: I need to download files from Unix to windows

    devarajan.renuka@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to download files from Unix box to windows box and also i need
    > to schedule this sothat the files are downloaded automatically every
    > day.
    >
    > FTP is not allowed... Any other tool to use this?
    >
    > Help me in this regard...

    There are dozens: what to use depends on your environment. If you have
    CygWin installed on the Windows box, you should be able to do an "rsync -e
    ssh -avv UNIXBOX:/dirname/ /localdir/", in a CygWin managed cron job basis,
    and do the key management as necessary.

    Can you run HTTP or HTTPS on the UNIX box?

  3. Re: I need to download files from Unix to windows

    wrote in message
    news:1150132519.727260.104960@c74g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to download files from Unix box to windows box and also i need
    > to schedule this sothat the files are downloaded automatically every
    > day.
    >
    > FTP is not allowed... Any other tool to use this?

    Samba, SSH, to name two. A cron job or Windows task scheduler using a batch
    file can accomplish the actual xfers.

+ Reply to Thread