ssh tunnel help needed - SSH

This is a discussion on ssh tunnel help needed - SSH ; Hello, I am trying to setup a ssh tunnel using Win XP. The trouble I have is trying to understand which server to connect to. >From home I would normally log into this box to do whatever using ssh user@front-door ...

  1. ssh tunnel help needed

    Hello,
    I am trying to setup a ssh tunnel using Win XP.

    The trouble I have is trying to understand which server to connect to.

    >From home I would normally log into this box to do whatever using ssh

    user@front-door (this server is the only one that I can access from
    home)

    from there I would ssh to the development server at ssh me@dev-box

    from dev-box I can access any server on the network etc ...

    I am using perforce (p4) version control system (scm) which operates on
    port 1666

    I need to figure out how to remotely connect to dev-box using p4

    I tried these (and various combinations of these) to connect using
    cygwin

    ssh -x -2 -L 1666:localhost:1666 me@dev-box
    ssh -x -2 -L 1666:localhost:22 user@front-door

    I cant figure out where the forward needs to point to; front-door or
    dev-box since I logged into front-door then logged into dev-box

    I also have putty.

    I hope this makes sense

  2. Re: ssh tunnel help needed

    ssh -L 1666:dev-box:1666 user@front-door