Handle limit for OpenSSH SFTP? - SSH

This is a discussion on Handle limit for OpenSSH SFTP? - SSH ; Hi! I tried to open more than ~100 files on a remote SSH Server (OpenSSH on Debian Woody and Sage), but I failed. The Internet-Draft for SFTP version 3 says nothing about a handle limit. So, is there any reason ...

  1. Handle limit for OpenSSH SFTP?

    Hi!

    I tried to open more than ~100 files on a remote SSH Server (OpenSSH on
    Debian Woody and Sage), but I failed. The Internet-Draft for SFTP
    version 3 says nothing about a handle limit.

    So, is there any reason to have "only" ~100 OpenSSH SFTP handles?
    VanDyke's VShell can open at least open ~14'000 files...

    Thanks!
    --
    h.wulff

  2. Re: Handle limit for OpenSSH SFTP?

    Hello!
    You wrote on Wed, 31 May 2006 18:24:11 +0200:

    h> So, is there any reason to have "only" ~100 OpenSSH SFTP handles?

    Yes, 100 value is hard-coded into OpenSSH SFTP server -- it's simply 'Handle
    handles[100]'.

    If you need a bigger limit for some particular server, you can patch the
    sftp-server.c file (just increase the value). This should help.

    With best regards,
    Innokentiy Ivanov
    EldoS Corporation
    --
    Feel safer with SecureBlackbox -- comprehensive security for Internet
    communications

+ Reply to Thread