Secure file transfer via ssh - SSH

This is a discussion on Secure file transfer via ssh - SSH ; Hi, When I try to transfer some files via ssh, I got an error message: connect to remote_ip_address port 1234 failed I am not quiet sure what cause the problem and how to resolve the issue. Any suggestion would be ...

  1. Secure file transfer via ssh

    Hi,

    When I try to transfer some files via ssh, I got an error message:

    connect to remote_ip_address port 1234 failed

    I am not quiet sure what cause the problem and how to resolve
    the issue. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated! Thanks.

  2. Re: Secure file transfer via ssh

    thuang2@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > When I try to transfer some files via ssh, I got an error message:
    >
    > connect to remote_ip_address port 1234 failed
    >
    > I am not quiet sure what cause the problem and how to resolve
    > the issue. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated! Thanks.

    Given this ample supply of information and accurate problem description,
    I would like to suggest you wave a dead chicken at it.

    But seriously, how do you expect anyone to answer this?

    What are you using? dd piped into ssh? sftp? scp? What are you
    connecting to? That example address and port number tells us nothing.

  3. Re: Secure file transfer via ssh

    thuang2@hotmail> Hi, When I try to transfer some files via ssh, I got
    thuang2@hotmail> an error message:

    thuang2@hotmail> connect to remote_ip_address port 1234 failed