Hello there,

Sorry if my questions are covered elsewhere...

During a discussion with IT staff here at work, mainly on various ssh
vs. proprietary VPN solutions, a question came up on how to do various
'client side' scripting before allowing shell access.

In other words:

Does a mechanism in ssh/sshd exist to deploy a (server-based) script on
the client side, e.g. to filter off access to/from other ports than
those local on the client (e.g. for tunnelling) and the ssh server

I know such a solution would be quite non-portable or at least not too
easy to implement on non UN*X clients - this should not be considered an
issue, our Win32 people would go for our (Yuck!!!) Cisco VPN anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Peter Willendrup

Remove USENET in the email addy to mail me