Need to disable checking of host file - SSH

This is a discussion on Need to disable checking of host file - SSH ; Hi there guys, I need to know how I can disable checking of host file like below debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: filename /root/.ssh/known_hosts debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: filename /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts so that when I login with ssh it will not ask if I want to ...

  1. Need to disable checking of host file

    Hi there guys,

    I need to know how I can disable checking of host file like below

    debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: filename /root/.ssh/known_hosts
    debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: filename /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts

    so that when I login with ssh it will not ask if I want to connect
    anyway or not, you know the one that ask for YES or NO .... so I want
    it to go straight to asking what is the root password.

    Regards
    Archproject

  2. Re: Need to disable checking of host file

    Archproject> Hi there guys, I need to know how I can disable checking
    Archproject> of host file like below

    Archproject> debug3: check_host_in_hostfile: filename
    Archproject> /root/.ssh/known_hosts debug3: check_host_in_hostfile:
    Archproject> filename /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts

    Archproject> so that when I login with ssh it will not ask if I want
    Archproject> to connect anyway or not, you know the one that ask for
    Archproject> YES or NO .... so I want it to go straight to asking what
    Archproject> is the root password.

    You are circumventing an important aspect of SSH security: server
    authentication. Don't disable it; put the correct keys in your
    known-hosts file. It will automatically add them if you have
    stricthostkeychecking=(ask|no).

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

  3. Re: Need to disable checking of host file

    Richard,

    Wow, your reply really helped me man thanks alot I was thinking about
    my problem in one way only then you gave me a way that my problem
    became a feature. Thanks again

    Regards
    Archproject

+ Reply to Thread