On demand tunneling for Windows XP? - SSH

This is a discussion on On demand tunneling for Windows XP? - SSH ; I'd like to secure POP, SMTP, and FTP connections between my Windows box and my webhost, but I'd prefer not to have to manually enter login info each time a ssh connection is established or have a ssh connection up ...

  1. On demand tunneling for Windows XP?

    I'd like to secure POP, SMTP, and FTP connections between my Windows
    box and my webhost, but I'd prefer not to have to manually enter login info
    each time a ssh connection is established or have a ssh connection up all the
    time in anticipation of needing a tunnel. Is there any way to setup on demand
    tunneling, where the ssh connection is brought up only if/when necessary and
    brought down when it is no longer needed? I've played around with a couple
    of ssh programs for Windows, but they didn't seem to support that kind of
    operation.

  2. Re: On demand tunneling for Windows XP?

    "Wug" wrote in message
    > I'd like to secure POP, SMTP, and FTP connections between my Windows
    > box and my webhost, but I'd prefer not to have to manually enter login info
    > each time a ssh connection is established or have a ssh connection up all the
    > time in anticipation of needing a tunnel. Is there any way to setup on demand
    > tunneling, where the ssh connection is brought up only if/when necessary and
    > brought down when it is no longer needed? I've played around with a couple
    > of ssh programs for Windows, but they didn't seem to support that kind of
    > operation.

    Sounds like what you partially want is public/private key authentication. That
    avoids having to type a username/password when establishing the SSH tunnel and
    is fully supported.

  3. Re: On demand tunneling for Windows XP?

    http://ssh.com/products/tectia/connector/

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net