Compiling openssh with openssl 0.9.8 - SSH

This is a discussion on Compiling openssh with openssl 0.9.8 - SSH ; Howdy, Is there a concrete answer for why openssh won't compile with openssl-0.9.8 ? I tried openssh 4.3p2 and an earlier version without any luck. 4.3p2 compiled fine with openssl 0.9.7 though. I've noticed others have had the same problem, ...

  1. Compiling openssh with openssl 0.9.8

    Howdy,

    Is there a concrete answer for why openssh won't compile with
    openssl-0.9.8 ?

    I tried openssh 4.3p2 and an earlier version without any luck.

    4.3p2 compiled fine with openssl 0.9.7 though.

    I've noticed others have had the same problem, but haven't found any
    answers. My guess is that its a problem in openssh, since other
    programs work fine with 0.9.8.

    However, I would like to hear what others think.

  2. Re: Compiling openssh with openssl 0.9.8

    On 2006-04-09, NPG <> wrote:
    > Is there a concrete answer for why openssh won't compile with
    > openssl-0.9.8 ?

    OpenSSL apparently needs libdl these days, but OpenSSH's configure
    doesn't know that. Try:

    ../configure --with-libs=-ldl

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

  3. Re: Compiling openssh with openssl 0.9.8

    NPG wrote:
    > Howdy,
    >
    > Is there a concrete answer for why openssh won't compile with
    > openssl-0.9.8 ?
    >
    > I tried openssh 4.3p2 and an earlier version without any luck.
    >
    > 4.3p2 compiled fine with openssl 0.9.7 though.
    >
    > I've noticed others have had the same problem, but haven't found any
    > answers. My guess is that its a problem in openssh, since other
    > programs work fine with 0.9.8.
    >
    > However, I would like to hear what others think.

    To ease the wild-ass guessing, perhaps you could mention your operating
    system and whether you built these by hand or used the OS's distributed
    packages, and the complete error message?

+ Reply to Thread