Mocana SSH on DRAC 4 card - SSH

This is a discussion on Mocana SSH on DRAC 4 card - SSH ; hello, i'm trying to ssh into DRAC 4 on a dell 1850 box and so far haven't been able to do so successfully. DRAC comes with built in Mocana ssh. i tried openssh3.7.1/3.9.1 and ssh3.2.0 on SCO 5.0.7 as a ...

  1. Mocana SSH on DRAC 4 card

    hello,
    i'm trying to ssh into DRAC 4 on a dell 1850 box and so far haven't
    been able to do so successfully. DRAC comes with built in Mocana ssh. i
    tried openssh3.7.1/3.9.1 and ssh3.2.0 on SCO 5.0.7 as a client but the
    connection breaks without obvious error messages. using GDB i was able
    to determine that i'm getting a SIGPIPE when connection breaks. DRAC
    web console does not allow me to change or see mocana ssh configs or
    view log files that show sshd output. running ssh in high debug mode
    (7,8 or 9) does not show much info either. here is gdb output:
    program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe
    0x800429f1 in _r_write() from /usr/lib/libc.so.1

    does anyone know what the problem could be?
    thanks

  2. Re: Mocana SSH on DRAC 4 card

    On 2006-04-07, igor.shaitan@gmail.com wrote:
    > i'm trying to ssh into DRAC 4 on a dell 1850 box and so far haven't
    > been able to do so successfully. DRAC comes with built in Mocana ssh. i
    > tried openssh3.7.1/3.9.1 and ssh3.2.0 on SCO 5.0.7 as a client but the
    > connection breaks without obvious error messages. using GDB i was able
    > to determine that i'm getting a SIGPIPE when connection breaks. DRAC
    > web console does not allow me to change or see mocana ssh configs or
    > view log files that show sshd output. running ssh in high debug mode
    > (7,8 or 9) does not show much info either.

    Some SSH implementations do things like that when they encounter packets
    that they don't recognise. What *exactly* did the debug output from OpenSSH
    say?

    > here is gdb output:
    > program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe
    > 0x800429f1 in _r_write() from /usr/lib/libc.so.1

    All that tells us is that the server most likely abruptly disconnected
    (or crashed). It provides no clues as to why.

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

+ Reply to Thread