How to access Maple using Putty - SSH

This is a discussion on How to access Maple using Putty - SSH ; I am trying to remotely acess my files which contain Maple programmes and figures. I am able to acess my account,but at the moment I cam getting the Maple command--ie. I can write new programmes,but I can't acess files that ...

  1. How to access Maple using Putty

    I am trying to remotely acess my files which contain Maple programmes
    and figures. I am able to acess my account,but at the moment I cam
    getting the Maple command--ie. I can write new programmes,but I can't
    acess files that I've already written,and I can't acess the figures
    drawn by Maple.I have been told to copy the files on the command
    line--what does this mean? Which command line? And I was told that
    "pscp" requires syntax. What?? I'm a beginner,so can someone please
    help? Thank you

  2. Re: How to access Maple using Putty

    "Dunkin Donuts" writes:

    >I am trying to remotely acess my files which contain Maple programmes
    >and figures. I am able to acess my account,but at the moment I cam
    >getting the Maple command--ie. I can write new programmes,but I can't
    >acess files that I've already written,and I can't acess the figures
    >drawn by Maple.I have been told to copy the files on the command
    >line--what does this mean? Which command line? And I was told that
    >"pscp" requires syntax. What?? I'm a beginner,so can someone please
    >help? Thank you

    putty is a command line ssh interface to your remote system. It does not
    make the files on the remote system available to Windows. If you want to
    copy over the files to your windows systems, you can do so. but putty will
    not make the remote files accessible to your local copy of maple.

  3. Re: How to access Maple using Putty

    In comp.security.ssh Unruh :
    > "Dunkin Donuts" writes:

    >>I am trying to remotely acess my files which contain Maple programmes
    >>and figures. I am able to acess my account,but at the moment I cam
    >>getting the Maple command--ie. I can write new programmes,but I can't
    >>acess files that I've already written,and I can't acess the figures
    >>drawn by Maple.I have been told to copy the files on the command
    >>line--what does this mean? Which command line? And I was told that
    >>"pscp" requires syntax. What?? I'm a beginner,so can someone please
    >>help? Thank you

    > putty is a command line ssh interface to your remote system. It does not
    > make the files on the remote system available to Windows. If you want to
    > copy over the files to your windows systems, you can do so. but putty will
    > not make the remote files accessible to your local copy of maple.

    Remote guess, the OP wants to get his hands on 'winscp', which
    would give him a GUI for transferring files.

    #bofh excuse 269: Melting hard drives

  4. Re: How to access Maple using Putty

    OK,thanks for pointing me out to GUI--I'll see what transpires when I
    type winscp on Google,hopefully I can download something

    Dunkin Donuts

  5. Re: How to access Maple using Putty

    OK,now I understand that my remote Maple files are not accessible to my
    local copy of Maple,but can be copied to Windows. Will try out winscp
    as has been sugessted and see where that takes me.Thanks

    Dunkin Donuts

+ Reply to Thread