SSH logout leaves user logged in on HP-UX 11.11 - SSH

This is a discussion on SSH logout leaves user logged in on HP-UX 11.11 - SSH ; Hello All, We have some HP-UX 11.11 servers with OpenSSH 4.1 installed. A program that uses Mindterm (Java SSH libraries) logs into these servers regularly, and is able to do whatever it is supposed to do. Problem is that when ...

  1. SSH logout leaves user logged in on HP-UX 11.11

    Hello All,

    We have some HP-UX 11.11 servers with OpenSSH 4.1 installed.
    A program that uses Mindterm (Java SSH libraries) logs into these
    servers regularly, and is able to do whatever it is supposed to do.
    Problem is that when the program logs out, the user is not logged out of
    the server (as shown by "w").

    When we login using Putty.exe from a Windoze box, it logs out correctly,
    and the user is not left hanging.

    We ran SSHD in debug mode and noticed a significant differences in the
    messages when these clients logout:
    When the Putty.exe logs out, we see a SIGCHLD and a CONNECTION_CLOSED
    message, but that Mindterm client logs out, we don't see a SIGCHLD and
    we see a CONNECTION_ABANDONED message.

    Has anybody experienced this behavior?

    Please help.

    Regards,
    VS.

  2. Re: SSH logout leaves user logged in on HP-UX 11.11

    Bump. Anybody?

    VS wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > We have some HP-UX 11.11 servers with OpenSSH 4.1 installed.
    > A program that uses Mindterm (Java SSH libraries) logs into these
    > servers regularly, and is able to do whatever it is supposed to do.
    > Problem is that when the program logs out, the user is not logged out of
    > the server (as shown by "w").
    >
    > When we login using Putty.exe from a Windoze box, it logs out correctly,
    > and the user is not left hanging.
    >
    > We ran SSHD in debug mode and noticed a significant differences in the
    > messages when these clients logout:
    > When the Putty.exe logs out, we see a SIGCHLD and a CONNECTION_CLOSED
    > message, but that Mindterm client logs out, we don't see a SIGCHLD and
    > we see a CONNECTION_ABANDONED message.
    >
    > Has anybody experienced this behavior?
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Regards,