    Thanks,
    Kiran

  2. Re: SCP standard

    On 2006-04-04, ikiran wrote:
    > Can anyone please provide me a draft standard for SCP.

    There is no such animal. Its definition is roughly "what Berkeley rcp
    does". Details may be obtained from the source code of an implementation,
    (someone may have taken notes while doing this at some point?)

    > WHat is the difference between scp and sftp.

    sftp is designed (some would say overdesigned) to be extensible.
    Later drafts look more like a remote filesystem protocol than a file
    transfer protocol.

    It has very little in common with scp other than the fact they both use
    ssh as a transport and both transfer files.

    See: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/...ilexfer-12.txt

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.