Thanks Richard for the reply. I am referring to version 3 described in
http://www.openssh.org/txt/draft-iet...ilexfer-02.txt
Now I am encoding the packet using byte[0-3] = 5; /*length field */
byte[4] = SSH2_FXP_INIT
byte[5-8] = sftp_version /* may be 3 which is what I am using */ . I am

encrypting this packet and sending this packet out. I am not running a
seperate ssh client process. I am running the ssh client functionality
in sftp process. Can you please let me know if any message needs to be
sent between requesting sftp subsystem and sending the version string
and is the version string format correct.

Thanks,
Kiran