SSH Key Distribution Server and Management - SSH

This is a discussion on SSH Key Distribution Server and Management - SSH ; Hello, This is an old topic, but I can't seem to find any recent information regarding this topic. Has anyone seen any solutions regarding ssh key distribution. ie.. managing keys from a central server where clients get their private and ...

  1. SSH Key Distribution Server and Management

    Hello,

    This is an old topic, but I can't seem to find any recent information
    regarding this topic. Has anyone seen any solutions regarding ssh key
    distribution. ie.. managing keys from a central server where clients
    get their private and public keys instead of storing these locally.

    Thanks

    csarid

  2. Re: SSH Key Distribution Server and Management

    csarid> Hello, This is an old topic, but I can't seem to find any
    csarid> recent information regarding this topic. Has anyone seen any
    csarid> solutions regarding ssh key distribution. ie.. managing keys
    csarid> from a central server where clients get their private and
    csarid> public keys instead of storing these locally.

    There are commercial SSH implementations that support X.509 certificates.
    There are patches for OpenSSH to do the same, although I haven't tried
    them and don't know how well they work. In the realm of free software,
    the best solution is Kerberos. For server authenticatoin, you'll need
    Simon Wilkinson's patches:

    http://www.sxw.org.uk/computing/patches/openssh.html

    .... or a package that incorporates this feature, such as Solaris or
    Debian.

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

  3. Re: SSH Key Distribution Server and Management

    Richard,

    Thanks very much for all the info. One last question, can you point me
    to any documentation related to how OpenSSH can handle key
    distributions management and perhaps if it's not too much trouble where
    to get the documentation for the Solaris solution on the same.

    Thanks again for all the information
    Csarid

  4. Re: SSH Key Distribution Server and Management

    csarid> Richard, Thanks very much for all the info. One last question,
    csarid> can you point me to any documentation related to how OpenSSH
    csarid> can handle key distributions management and perhaps if it's
    csarid> not too much trouble where to get the documentation for the
    csarid> Solaris solution on the same.

    certificates & OpenSSH:
    http://roumenpetrov.info/openssh/

    Learning about Kerberos:
    http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

  5. Re: SSH Key Distribution Server and Management

    Much Thanks!!

+ Reply to Thread