How can I specify a password on the scp command line? - SSH

This is a discussion on How can I specify a password on the scp command line? - SSH ; e.g., from a script on box1 that needs to do something like this: scp bar root@box2:/foo Note: Script is not running as root on box1, if that matters. Thanks!...

  1. How can I specify a password on the scp command line?

    e.g., from a script on box1 that needs to do something like this:

    scp bar root@box2:/foo

    Note: Script is not running as root on box1, if that matters.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: How can I specify a password on the scp command line?

    http://www.snailbook.com/faq/no-passphrase.auto.html

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net