Avoiding Putty Cache Question - SSH

This is a discussion on Avoiding Putty Cache Question - SSH ; Hi All, I'm trying to use Putty on Windows via automated script to transfer files to a linux box. This works fine, except that the first time I try this, I get the question that asks if I want to ...

  1. Avoiding Putty Cache Question

    Hi All,

    I'm trying to use Putty on Windows via automated script to transfer
    files to a linux box. This works fine, except that the first time I try
    this, I get the question that asks if I want to cache the remote
    server's public key. If I run Putty manually and agree to cache the
    file, then I can run the script in an automated way and it works fine.
    But if the public key hasn't been cached before the script runs, then
    the script fails.

    So the question is: how can I tell Putty to run a script, and in the
    event that it the key hasn't been cached, to do so?

    Any help much appreciated. TIA.

    Josh

  2. Re: Avoiding Putty Cache Question

    Joshua Frank writes:
    >So the question is: how can I tell Putty to run a script, and in the
    >event that it the key hasn't been cached, to do so?

    You should add the key to the cache before the first time you run the
    script.

  3. Re: Avoiding Putty Cache Question

    I think that will work perfectly for me, and I also learned something
    about SSH. Thanks!

    Jacob Nevins wrote:
    > Joshua Frank writes:
    >> So the question is: how can I tell Putty to run a script, and in the
    >> event that it the key hasn't been cached, to do so?

    > You should add the key to the cache before the first time you run the
    > script.

  4. Cool Re: Avoiding Putty Cache Question

    This is the exact challenge I am having. I have a 3rd party scheduler that I'm using to call a .bat file that is calling psftp and I can't seem to get around this question. How do I cache the key first on my windows machine? Do I need to force it to use SSH-1? Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread