CLARIFICATION IN IKEV2 AUTHENTICATION PHASE2 - SSH

This is a discussion on CLARIFICATION IN IKEV2 AUTHENTICATION PHASE2 - SSH ; hi, iam implementing ikev2, now i have completed the phase 1 of the ikev2 , and now iam in authentication phase, in authintication phase ,iam having one doubt . section 2.15 (rfc 4306) authenticatin of IKE_SA , here he has ...

  1. CLARIFICATION IN IKEV2 AUTHENTICATION PHASE2

    ,
    and now iam in authentication phase, in authintication phase ,iam
    having one doubt .
    section 2.15 (rfc 4306) authenticatin of IKE_SA ,
    here he has mentioned that AUTH = prf(prf(shared secret ,"KEY pad for
    IKEV2"),)
    here what is that shared secret ,whether the shared secret generated
    from phase 1 or any other
    2: and whether the text pad is fixed or any thing we have to take.
    if we take shared secret of phase 1 , i am having one doubt i.e how to
    identify other user is valid
    means any intruder who can actively paricipate in pahse 1 and get
    authenticated , because we are not communicated with ip number (and
    when NAT is there all will communiate with same ip).
    so please some body clarify my doubt.
    is there any other shared secret key is there, and here he mentioned
    about digital signature ,
    what are the rules to do that

    Thanks & regards
    RAMASWAMY BM
    GlobalEdgesoftware Ltd
    BANGALORE

  2. Re: CLARIFICATION IN IKEV2 AUTHENTICATION PHASE2

    RAMASWAMY BM writes:
    >iam implementing ikev2, [...]

    This newsgroup is about the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol, not IPsec.

+ Reply to Thread