Client to client thru SSHServer - SSH

This is a discussion on Client to client thru SSHServer - SSH ; Hey all, I'm kinda new to ssh and i was wondering if it is possible to do the following with SSH. sshclient1 --> sshserver --> sshclient2 i would like to connect 2 mailserver with eachother over ssh, cause port 25 ...

  1. Client to client thru SSHServer

    Hey all,

    I'm kinda new to ssh and i was wondering if it is possible to do the
    following with SSH.

    sshclient1 --> sshserver --> sshclient2

    i would like to connect 2 mailserver with eachother over ssh, cause
    port 25 is blocked in the direction of client1(mailserver1) to
    client2(mailserver2).

    If this is possible with ssh, how is it possible?
    remote source 25 destination127.0.0.1:3000 --> sshserver <-- local
    source 25 destination 127.0.0.1:3000 ?
    Is SSH even the right way to work around this?

    Thx in advance,

    Ivo

  2. Re: Client to client thru SSHServer

    "Ivo StoneBridge" wrote in message
    news:1143352230.561987.296070@i40g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I'm kinda new to ssh and i was wondering if it is possible to do the
    > following with SSH.
    >
    > sshclient1 --> sshserver --> sshclient2
    >
    > i would like to connect 2 mailserver with eachother over ssh, cause
    > port 25 is blocked in the direction of client1(mailserver1) to
    > client2(mailserver2).
    >
    > If this is possible with ssh, how is it possible?
    > remote source 25 destination127.0.0.1:3000 --> sshserver <-- local
    > source 25 destination 127.0.0.1:3000 ?
    > Is SSH even the right way to work around this?

    Look into port forwarding. And look into running SMTP on alternative ports
    to get past the firewall, if necessary. And talk to your IT people who have
    blocked port 25 and see if they will unblock it for you if you ask nicely,
    rather than cause them pain by doing an end run around their policies.

+ Reply to Thread