register ssh:// on windows - SSH

This is a discussion on register ssh:// on windows - SSH ; Hello, I did a search on the net on the group, but I didn't find an answer to this. Is it possible to set up windows to handle ssh:// and register PuTTY to control it, so i.e. I could pass: ...

  1. register ssh:// on windows

    Hello,

    I did a search on the net on the group, but I didn't find an answer to
    this.

    Is it possible to set up windows to handle ssh:// and register PuTTY to
    control it, so i.e. I could pass: ssh://@ on CL and have it
    work?

    Thanks

  2. Re: register ssh:// on windows

    wrote in message
    news:1142943367.479690.159560@v46g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I did a search on the net on the group, but I didn't find an answer to
    > this.
    >
    > Is it possible to set up windows to handle ssh:// and register PuTTY to
    > control it, so i.e. I could pass: ssh://@ on CL and have it
    > work?

    "CL"? Which of the dozens of things called "CL" for Windows do you mean? You
    mean to get the built-in browser to automatically handle it? That's a
    fascinating question, and I'd like to know myself.

  3. Re: register ssh:// on windows

    I meant command line/prompt

    I'd like to be able to pass:
    />ssh://@/ and have PuTTY handle the connection.

  4. Re: register ssh:// on windows

    PL> Hello, I did a search on the net on the group, but I didn't find
    PL> an answer to this.

    PL> Is it possible to set up windows to handle ssh:// and register
    PL> PuTTY to control it, so i.e. I could pass: ssh://@ on
    PL> CL and have it work?

    This works:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/n...appendix_a.asp

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

  5. Re: register ssh:// on windows

    Btw, this works out of the box on OS X; it opens a terminal window and
    runs OpenSSH.

  6. Re: register ssh:// on windows

    Thanks alot Richard

  7. Re: register ssh:// on windows