Does agent forwarding have any relevance to host-based authentication? - SSH

This is a discussion on Does agent forwarding have any relevance to host-based authentication? - SSH ; Hello, Does agent forwarding have any relevance to host-based authentication? If a root user wants to do agent forwarding, he can have his own agent running (as root), and do an ssh-add (as root), and so forth. But does that ...

  1. Does agent forwarding have any relevance to host-based authentication?

    Hello,

    Does agent forwarding have any relevance to host-based authentication?
    If a root user wants to do agent forwarding, he can have his own agent
    running (as root), and do an ssh-add (as root), and so forth. But does
    that make sense? I am using OpenSSH-4.2
    client and server in HP-UX.

    Thanks,
    Santhi.

  2. Re: Does agent forwarding have any relevance to host-based authentication?

    santhi> Hello, Does agent forwarding have any relevance to host-based
    santhi> authentication?

    Not any direct relevance, no. Agent forwarding assists with publickey
    authentication.

    santhi> If a root user wants to do agent forwarding, he can have his
    santhi> own agent running (as root), and do an ssh-add (as root), and
    santhi> so forth. But does that make sense?

    I don't understand the question, or the relevance to your first question.

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

+ Reply to Thread