Pageant Command Line Options -- Where are they listed? - SSH

This is a discussion on Pageant Command Line Options -- Where are they listed? - SSH ; I've been reading the docs for PuTTY and if I use it, I'd want to use Pageant with it. The PuTTY docs make a reference to using command line options for Pageant, but I've read the Pageant section a few ...

  1. Pageant Command Line Options -- Where are they listed?

    I've been reading the docs for PuTTY and if I use it, I'd want to use
    Pageant with it. The PuTTY docs make a reference to using command line
    options for Pageant, but I've read the Pageant section a few times and
    cannot find any documentation on what the command line options are.
    There's a few mentioned, but not a full listing.

    Does anyone have a full listing of command line options for Pageant or a
    link to them?

    Thanks!

    Hal

  2. Re: Pageant Command Line Options -- Where are they listed?

    Hal Vaughan writes:
    >I've been reading the docs for PuTTY and if I use it, I'd want to use
    >Pageant with it. The PuTTY docs make a reference to using command line
    >options for Pageant, but I've read the Pageant section a few times and
    >cannot find any documentation on what the command line options are.
    >There's a few mentioned, but not a full listing.

    Are you referring to
    ?

    If so, that _is_ the full listing.
    (Well, except "-pgpfp", which is documented in Appendix E.)
    What makes you think there are more?

  3. Re: Pageant Command Line Options -- Where are they listed?

    ?

    > If so, that is the full listing.
    > (Well, except "-pgpfp", which is documented in Appendix E.)
    > What makes you think there are more?

    What listing? *Are there that few options? *No way to add a key from the
    command line? *Or is that what specifying a key does? *(I'm not clear on
    this.)

    Thanks!

    Hal

  4. Re: Pageant Command Line Options -- Where are they listed?

    Hal Vaughan writes:
    >Jacob Nevins wrote:
    >>

    >What listing?

    The section is called "The Pageant command line". It has subsections
    describing things that can be put on the command line.

    >Are there that few options?

    Yes.

    >No way to add a key from the command line? Or is that what specifying a
    >key does?

    Oh, you mean to an existing Pageant instance?
    Yes, if a Pageant is running, running Pageant again with key files
    specified on the command line will add them to the first Pageant. I
    agree that the docs don't make this clear; I'll update them.

+ Reply to Thread