sftp script for application promotion - SSH

This is a discussion on sftp script for application promotion - SSH ; Hi, I am new to sftp/ssh. I need to find a way to create and run an sftp script on a Solaris host, which can read input from a paramter file, for paths/directories/files to be migrated to another Solaris host, ...

  1. sftp script for application promotion

    Hi,

    I am new to sftp/ssh. I need to find a way to create and run an sftp
    script on a Solaris host, which can read input from a paramter file,
    for paths/directories/files to be migrated to another Solaris host, and

    execute the transfers.

    Also how can I avoid entering password interactively. Is there
    something like .netrc, or I have to use public_keys/private_keys? If I
    need to use
    public_keys how may I use them?

    I read some posts onsome of the groups where they talk about
    public_keys ect, but I am totally new, and would appereciate if someone

    can guide me in acomplishing this, given that I have minimal knowledge
    expereience of ssh.

    Thanks

    Omer

  2. Re: sftp script for application promotion

+ Reply to Thread