plink -m script and cursor control - SSH

This is a discussion on plink -m script and cursor control - SSH ; I find that when using putty, CTRL-H works fine for backspace, but in a batch file when using plink, \08 does not cause the cursor to backspace properly. Any idea on the control code syntax I should use to control ...

  1. plink -m script and cursor control

    I find that when using putty, CTRL-H works fine for backspace, but in a
    batch file when using plink, \08 does not cause the cursor to backspace
    properly. Any idea on the control code syntax I should use to control
    the cursor movement or execute ascii commands within a batch file with
    plink?

    Thanks

  2. Re: plink -m script and cursor control

    th@instaburst.com writes:
    >I find that when using putty, CTRL-H works fine for backspace, but in a
    >batch file when using plink, \08 does not cause the cursor to backspace
    >properly. Any idea on the control code syntax I should use to control
    >the cursor movement or execute ascii commands within a batch file with
    >plink?

    There's no escape processing in `-m' script files; the file contents are
    passed verbatim to the server. So if you really want a backspace, you'll
    have to arrange that you have a literal backspace in your file.

    I'd be surprised if a backspace did anything useful in a `-m' script,
    anyway. The contents of that file are a command that's passed to the
    server; that's not equivalent to you typing the same characters in an
    interactive session (you should use Plink's standard input for that).
    Even the fact that some servers permit carriage returns in this command
    is a server implementation quirk, not something to be relied on.

+ Reply to Thread