Local session logging with OpenSSH Client - SSH

This is a discussion on Local session logging with OpenSSH Client - SSH ; Is it possible to log locally when using OpenSSH client. I know that Putty supports session logging but I would like to use OpenSSH client. Thanks...

  1. Local session logging with OpenSSH Client

    Is it possible to log locally when using OpenSSH client. I know that
    Putty supports session logging but I would like to use OpenSSH client.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Local session logging with OpenSSH Client

    In article <1141140856.616473.34320@t39g2000cwt.googlegroups.c om>,
    stewart@brewerranch.com wrote:
    >Is it possible to log locally when using OpenSSH client. I know that
    >Putty supports session logging but I would like to use OpenSSH client.

    If you only want to log the contents of the session then you could just run
    ssh(1) inside script(1). If you want something equivalent to PuTTY's SSH
    packet log, I think that requires recompiling OpenSSH.

    --
    Ben Harris

+ Reply to Thread