CHMOD - SSH

This is a discussion on CHMOD - SSH ; Hi All, Probably a simple question for everyone here but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere on the net. I am trying to set all .pl files permissions to 715 recursively in all folders. I execute the command: ...

  1. CHMOD

    Hi All,

    Probably a simple question for everyone here but I can't seem to find the
    answer anywhere on the net.

    I am trying to set all .pl files permissions to 715 recursively in all
    folders.

    I execute the command:

    chmod 715 -R *.pl

    But all this does is change all the pl files in the current directory and
    doesn't seem to go through all directories. Any suggestions?

    Regards

    Jamie

  2. Re: CHMOD

    "Jamie" writes:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Probably a simple question for everyone here but I can't seem to find the
    > answer anywhere on the net.

    This is not a security or SSH question, so it is off-topic here.

    > I am trying to set all .pl files permissions to 715 recursively in all
    > folders.
    >
    > I execute the command:
    >
    > chmod 715 -R *.pl
    >
    > But all this does is change all the pl files in the current directory and
    > doesn't seem to go through all directories. Any suggestions?

    man bash; man chmod; man find; man xargs

    --
    Alan Hadsell
    As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.

  3. Re: CHMOD

    "Alan Hadsell" wrote in message
    > "Jamie" writes:
    >
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Probably a simple question for everyone here but I can't seem to find the
    >> answer anywhere on the net.

    > This is not a security or SSH question, so it is off-topic here.
    >>
    >> I am trying to set all .pl files permissions to 715 recursively in all
    >> folders.
    >>
    >> I execute the command:
    >>
    >> chmod 715 -R *.pl
    >>
    >> But all this does is change all the pl files in the current directory and
    >> doesn't seem to go through all directories. Any suggestions?

    > man bash; man chmod; man find; man xargs

    Then after you read them carefully, do this:

    find . -name \*.pl -exec chmod 715 {} \; -print

+ Reply to Thread