    security-related software. ssh/scp in general seem to be working fine.

    -- greg

  2. Re: ws_ftp pro vs. openssh

    On 2006-02-18, lindahl@pbm.com wrote:
    > I have a user who uses WS_FTP Pro as an ssh/sftp client. I recently
    > updated OpenSSH to 4.2_p1-r1 from 3.9 (this is on Gentoo, sigh), and
    > sometimes he gets uploaded files (sftp) which are the wrong length and
    > their contents are scrambled.

    It doesn't happen to be linked with OpenSSL 0.9.8a does it? There's
    been a few odd reports and so far the only common thread seems to be
    that version of OpenSSL, although it's probably just a coincidence.

    > He upgraded to the latest WS_FTP Pro client version, no luck.
    >
    > Any ideas? I could downgrade OpenSSH, but I hate downgrading
    > security-related software. ssh/scp in general seem to be working fine.

    Is it just sftp affected? If you use the sftp-server binary from the
    working version does the problem persist?

    Does the same problem occur with the vanilla OpenSSH from openssh.com?

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

+ Reply to Thread