SSH and subversion - SSH

This is a discussion on SSH and subversion - SSH ; Has anyone out there got tools or notes for managing SSH tunneling for subversion? Or especially for keeping the subversion users out of the operating system itself? I've got a source control system I'm replacing, and for various reasons do ...

  1. SSH and subversion

    Has anyone out there got tools or notes for managing SSH tunneling for
    subversion? Or especially for keeping the subversion users out of the
    operating system itself? I've got a source control system I'm replacing, and
    for various reasons do not want to put accounts with shell access on it: I
    don't think I can prevent that easily if I use SSH tunneling.

  2. Re: SSH and subversion

    Hi, im in it right now.

    I have some basic notes, im using a Solaris server, windows clients
    (tortoise and command-line) all with SSH, but in spanish tell me if you
    want this notes.

    You already have clients and server working ?

    In the subversion official book, chapter 6 topic "SSH authentication
    and authorization" there are several issues that will help you.

    To avoid users login in the O.S. i think you need some shell scripts
    using "trap" and "exit" and to control the command issue by SVN check
    the topic "SSH configuration tricks - Initial setup" on the book and
    chapter mentioned

    A.U.S. Enrique Ferreyra

    Nico Kadel-Garcia ha escrito:

    > Has anyone out there got tools or notes for managing SSH tunneling for
    > subversion? Or especially for keeping the subversion users out of the
    > operating system itself? I've got a source control system I'm replacing, and
    > for various reasons do not want to put accounts with shell access on it: I
    > don't think I can prevent that easily if I use SSH tunneling.

  3. Re: SSH and subversion

    eferreyra@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi, im in it right now.
    >
    > I have some basic notes, im using a Solaris server, windows clients
    > (tortoise and command-line) all with SSH, but in spanish tell me if
    > you want this notes.

    Por favor, mandame los. (Yes, please.)

    > You already have clients and server working ?

    Yes. I have a manager who, understandably, does not want the download users
    to have shell access on the server. I'm not sure subversion will work
    properly if I give the users a "/sbin/nologin" shell or similarly restrict
    their shell access.

    > In the subversion official book, chapter 6 topic "SSH authentication
    > and authorization" there are several issues that will help you.
    >
    > To avoid users login in the O.S. i think you need some shell scripts
    > using "trap" and "exit" and to control the command issue by SVN check
    > the topic "SSH configuration tricks - Initial setup" on the book and
    > chapter mentioned

    Thanks, I'll double check those. Fortunately, that book is also kept online
    by the publishers.

+ Reply to Thread