ssh and fedora core 4 - SSH

This is a discussion on ssh and fedora core 4 - SSH ; Hi, I have a fedora core 4 box. We installed pam_abl and everything works fine. We can connect to it from the same subnet just fine. However when we try to connect to it from a different subnet we cannot. ...

  1. ssh and fedora core 4

    Hi,

    I have a fedora core 4 box. We installed pam_abl and everything works
    fine. We can connect to it from the same subnet just fine. However
    when we try to connect to it from a different subnet we cannot.

    So in summary if we leave the sshd_config port=22 everything works. if
    we move the port number to say 2200 or something else.

    The connection gets a "connection refused" right away. Any ideas what
    may cause this or were to start looking. It is a stock FC4 install
    except for the pam_abl module reciently added.

  2. Re: ssh and fedora core 4

    trina> Hi, I have a fedora core 4 box. We installed pam_abl and
    trina> everything works fine. We can connect to it from the same
    trina> subnet just fine. However when we try to connect to it from a
    trina> different subnet we cannot.

    trina> So in summary if we leave the sshd_config port=22 everything
    trina> works. if we move the port number to say 2200 or something
    trina> else.

    trina> The connection gets a "connection refused" right away.

    This sounds more as if there's a firewall between the subnets which allows
    the standard SSH port (22) but is blocking 2200 with a forged RST.

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net

+ Reply to Thread