OpenSSH sftp vs F-Secure sftp - SSH

This is a discussion on OpenSSH sftp vs F-Secure sftp - SSH ; Hi All, Could anyone enlighten me on what the difference between OpenSSH sftp and F-Secure sftp is? Thanks for your help in advance, Wing...

  1. OpenSSH sftp vs F-Secure sftp

    Hi All,

    Could anyone enlighten me on what the difference between OpenSSH sftp
    and F-Secure sftp is?

    Thanks for your help in advance,

    Wing

  2. Re: OpenSSH sftp vs F-Secure sftp

    Hi Wing,

    ssh-agent is an authentication agent where as sftp is a secure file
    transfer program. the suite of tools called OpenSSH which includes
    the two forementioned as well as others. go to
    http://openssh.org/faq.html#1.1 for more info.

    sauwing.wong@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Could anyone enlighten me on what the difference between OpenSSH sftp
    > and F-Secure sftp is?
    >
    > Thanks for your help in advance,
    >
    > Wing

  3. Re: OpenSSH sftp vs F-Secure sftp

    CLA> Hi Wing, ssh-agent is an authentication agent where as sftp is a
    CLA> secure file transfer program. the suite of tools called OpenSSH
    CLA> which includes the two forementioned as well as others. go to
    CLA> http://openssh.org/faq.html#1.1 for more info.

    This is all true enough; however, the poster did not mentioned ssh-agent
    anywhere.

    CLA> sauwing.wong@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Could anyone enlighten me on what the difference between OpenSSH
    >> sftp and F-Secure sftp is?

    No essential difference in function: they both connect to a server using
    the SSH protocol and then invoke the SFTP file transfer protocol over a
    subsystem channel. They vary in exacly what commands they have
    available.

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net