Login problem: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed byremote host - SSH

This is a discussion on Login problem: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed byremote host - SSH ; Hello the error message ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host is what I get, when I want to login to a server/login, that until now already has worked. When will this error message be printed? Ciao, Oliver...

  1. Login problem: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed byremote host

    Hello

    the error message

    is what I get, when I want to login to a server/login,
    that until now already has worked.

    When will this error message be printed?

    Ciao,
    Oliver

  2. Re: Login problem: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

    On 2006-02-03, Oliver Bandel wrote:

    [...]
    > When will this error message be printed?

    The most common cause of this is when sshd drops a connection because it
    is denied by tcpwrappers (/etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny).

    Another possible cause is that the server does not have enough resources
    to handle the new connection (eg it hits a limit of number of processes
    or some other resource limit).

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.