Ssh and custom made one time password utility - SSH

This is a discussion on Ssh and custom made one time password utility - SSH ; Hi, Is it possible to easily integrate a custom made one-time password utility/library with ssh (e.g. via PAM) ? Will this be transparent for the ssh client? Thanks, Jan...

  1. Ssh and custom made one time password utility

    Hi,

    Is it possible to easily integrate a custom made one-time password
    utility/library with ssh (e.g. via PAM) ? Will this be transparent for the
    ssh client?

    Thanks,

    Jan

  2. Re: Ssh and custom made one time password utility

    "JKV" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to easily integrate a custom made one-time password
    > utility/library with ssh (e.g. via PAM) ? Will this be transparent for
    > the
    > ssh client?

    Many, many moons ago, I used an integration with SSH and modems with a
    one-time password utility that would require a user to carry a list of
    pre-printed one-time passwords to use first, then present their login setup.
    There's also support for various one-time password utilities such as RSA
    keys, which I've used and worked well.

  3. Re: Ssh and custom made one time password utility

    On 2006-02-03, JKV wrote:
    > Is it possible to easily integrate a custom made one-time password
    > utility/library with ssh (e.g. via PAM) ? Will this be transparent for the
    > ssh client?

    Depends on the SSH implementation, but many have support. OpenSSH,
    for example, supports native S/Key and PAM so if your OTP implementation
    supports either of those interfaces then it should work.

    To the client, these are implemented as standard "password" or
    "keyboard-interactive" authentication protocols which most clients
    support.

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.