ssh + kerberos - SSH

This is a discussion on ssh + kerberos - SSH ; Anyone have any experience in granting tickets to users upon login using pam in a kerberos environment? I'm using Solaris 10's stock ssh. -- Rodrick R. Brown Senior IT Consultant http://www.rodrickbrown.com rodrick.brown[ ]gmail.com When in 1986 Apple bought a Cray ...

  1. ssh + kerberos

    --
    Rodrick R. Brown
    Senior IT Consultant

    When in 1986 Apple bought a Cray X-MP and announced that they would use it
    to design the next Apple Macintosh, Seymour Cray replied, "This is very
    interesting because I am using an Apple Macintosh to design the Cray-2
    supercomputer."

  2. Re: ssh + kerberos

    RB> Anyone have any experience in granting tickets to users upon login
    RB> using pam in a kerberos environment? I'm using Solaris 10's stock
    RB> ssh.

    SSH can do this by itself, using either ticket-based or password (kinit)
    authentication. If you want to do it with PAM, use keyboard-interactive
    authentication with UsePAM set, and the pam_krb5 module in the PAM stack
    for SSH.

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net