ssh and vnc - SSH

This is a discussion on ssh and vnc - SSH ; I am at home behine a DI-524 wireless router. I set up the following tunnels home -> sshbox1. Open local port 12000 to connect to sshbox2 on ssh port. home -> localhost 12000 to open local port 12001 to connect ...

  1. ssh and vnc

    I am at home behine a DI-524 wireless router. I set up the following
    tunnels

    home -> sshbox1. Open local port 12000 to connect to sshbox2 on ssh
    port.
    home -> localhost 12000 to open local port 12001 to connect to workpc
    running vnc server on port 5900.

    when I tell my vnc client to connect to localhost 12001, I get prompter
    for my vnc server password, but, once I say connect, it does nothing.

    My setup.

    I am behine a DI-524. I connect to a box running ssh in my dmz at work
    (sshbox1). I then connec through sshbox1 to sshbox2 by creating a
    tunnel. sshbox2 is also in the dmz. I then connect through sshbox2 to
    my work computer on my works internal Lan.

    I know that this works as I have done it from from other places than
    home. I think that the problme lies in my home router.

    Does any one have any suggestions what I can do to fix this problem.

    Thanks

  2. Re: ssh and vnc

+ Reply to Thread