Forwarding signals in OpenSSH - SSH

This is a discussion on Forwarding signals in OpenSSH - SSH ; Hello *, I recently came across a (IMO) bug of the OpenSSH implementation again (it disturbes me already quite a while...). If I start a command like this: ssh somehost sleep 120 and hit Ctrl+C on the client, the sleep ...

  1. Forwarding signals in OpenSSH

    Hello *,

    I recently came across a (IMO) bug of the OpenSSH implementation again
    (it disturbes me already quite a while...). If I start a command like
    this:

    ssh somehost sleep 120

    and hit Ctrl+C on the client, the sleep process won't be killed. That's
    not the expected behaviour as if I wanted it to survive I would have
    started 'sleep' in background (-f command switch).

    All I've found so far on Google are implementation drafts for signal
    forwarding and patches for older OpenSSH versions. But is there a way to
    get the desired behaviour with the recent OpenSSH?

    Greetings
    Andreas

    --
    | Andreas Haupt | E-Mail: andreas.haupt@desy.de
    | DESY Zeuthen | WWW: http://www.desy.de/~ahaupt
    | Platanenallee 6 | Phone: +49/33762/7-7359
    | D-15738 Zeuthen | Fax: +49/33762/7-7216

  2. Re: Forwarding signals in OpenSSH

    ssh -t

    --