command sent over putty - SSH

This is a discussion on command sent over putty - SSH ; Hi, I got a strange problem and hope someone may know what the reason is. I am using PUTTY to remotely connect to a linux cluster system to run a Fortran code. It is a matrix calculation so I have ...

  1. command sent over putty

    Hi,

    I got a strange problem and hope someone may know what the reason is.

    I am using PUTTY to remotely connect to a linux cluster system to run a
    Fortran code. It is a matrix calculation so I have to specify the 3D
    matrix size. The matrix size is stored in an input file. The strange
    thing is that using PUTTY, I can run a case with 40x40x40 matrix
    successfully, but once I increase the matrix size to, say 80x80x80, the
    code just won't run. If I sit in front of the cluster terminal and
    specify the case (80x80x80) there, the code works. I don't think there
    is anything wrong with the code itself since I can run any case through
    the cluster terminal as long as the memory allows. But with PUTTY
    remote connection, I have trouble with large matrix size. Does anybody
    know if PUTTY will do anything about the command and input file I send
    over remote connection? Thanks.

    Yibing

  2. Re: command sent over putty

    > Hi,
    > I got a strange problem and hope someone may know what the reason is.
    >
    > I am using PUTTY to remotely connect to a linux cluster system to run a
    > Fortran code. It is a matrix calculation so I have to specify the 3D
    > matrix size. The matrix size is stored in an input file. The strange
    > thing is that using PUTTY, I can run a case with 40x40x40 matrix
    > successfully, but once I increase the matrix size to, say 80x80x80, the
    > code just won't run. If I sit in front of the cluster terminal and
    > specify the case (80x80x80) there, the code works. I don't think there
    > is anything wrong with the code itself since I can run any case through
    > the cluster terminal as long as the memory allows. But with PUTTY
    > remote connection, I have trouble with large matrix size. Does anybody
    > know if PUTTY will do anything about the command and input file I send
    > over remote connection? Thanks.

    Find out why it "won't run" (i.e. how it fails), and that may give you a
    clue as to what PuTTY has to do with it. Also, it might be useful to try
    it over an SSH connection using a different client (e.g. OpenSSH from
    another Linux box).

    --
    Richard Silverman
    res@qoxp.net